Trend Alert! Freestanding Tubs
Freestanding tubs are beautiful and adds a different design element to your bathroom.
Sometimes a tub mounted in the deck is important for other reasons or the configuration may not be conducive to a free standing tub design. As with many decisions you make about the design of your bathroom , there are pros and cons:
- A free standing tub can fit better in many smaller spaces.
- You can hide the plumbing in a decorative half wall. This is a brilliant way to add lots of style. We have plumbers who can get the job done.
- A free standing tub allows more “visual” space around the tub and gives it center stage design wow! The lighting is another way to show off your new art piece or tile picture. A window behind the tub can create a focal point like a window provides.
- If someone has limited mobility, a free standing tub may not be a good choice. You would need grab bars and other considerations.
- If you like sitting on the edge of the tub to shave your legs , a deck mounted tub is probably better!
- The cost is more than a drop in tub in a deck.
Visit R.J. Tilley’s Booth at the Home and Garden Show February 28th -March 2nd